Volume 3 | August 15th 2018
The BPE Weekly Update is a selection of news, featured videos, events and offers that we think may be of interest to the 6000 members of Baltimore Professionals and Entrepreneurs. Not yet a member? Become a member by clicking here. Want us to feature your event or special offer? Contact us.
- The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program is recruiting Business Owners who are ready to grow their revenue and staff! The application deadline is September 30th. Apply on the official website: https://www.10ksbapply.com/Baltimore
- Baltimore terminates current bike share program, starts pilot with Bird and Lime. Read the article: https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2018/08/15/baltimore-terminates-current-bike-share-program.html
- Maryland gained 5,300 jobs in July, US Department of Labor reports. Read the article: at https://www.wmar2news.com/news/region/baltimore-city/maryland-gained-5200-jobs-in-july-us-department-of-labor-reports_
FEATURED MEMBER: ERICKA CHERRIE
Ericka Cherrie is an innovative and uniquely creative hair stylist who has worked with a number of incredible photographers, television personalities, athletes, and other great artists whose work can be seen in a variety of runway shows, publications, and lookbooks.
Her love for styling hair started at an early age when she realized that she had a natural aptitude towards creating and recreating styles that she saw in magazines and on runways. As a result, she jump-started her career in the hair industry at the age of 14. Now, in her 20th year of hair styling, she has a wide range of experience working with notable artists, TV shows, movies, commercials and of course, her salon clients. On the runway, she has been backstage for several seasons of the MBNYFW with designers like Marc Jacobs, Byron Lars and Degen. Ericka takes direction extremely well from creative directors and can bring any vision to life while still maintaining her voice within each project.
Ericka gives her clients nothing but the best and is appreciated in the industry as an innovator; as she was voted and won “Maryland's Hairstylist of the Year” award. She also educates as a texture specialist and brand ambassador for the ORS hair care brand and when in the salon, Ericka loves providing her clients with a relaxed atmosphere that caters to each individual’s hair or makeup needs. Her motto is "Beautiful hair starts with healthy hair!" The attention grabbing personalized style is just icing on the cake. Her vision is to have each client learn simple tips and tricks to keep their hair and skin looking fabulous until their return visit.
You can schedule with Ericka and her team at one of her two locations:
- Catonsville- 5471 Baltimore National Pike Suite 41, Catonsville, MD 21229
- Bolton Hill- 301 McMechen St., Baltimore, MD 21217
Appointments can be made by phone at 410-929-2282 or by booking online at www.createthebeautiful.com.
UPCOMING MEMBER EVENTS
- Personal Development Conference Call hosted by the Dream Makers Network! Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 7:00am
- 30 Steps for Startups! A free, online, interactive training session for startups hosted by Business Adviser, Will Holmes. August 29, 2018 7:00pm Register today! Limited Space.
- Love, Relationships & Spirituality. A group discussion for singles and married couples in Baltimore. Free Admission! Wednesday, August 29, 2018 at 7:00pm
- Greater Baltimore Black Chamber of Commerce Presents Smart Start Series Part 3! What Startup and Aspiring Business Owners Need to Know from a Legal Perspective. September 5, 2018 at 6:30pm
- Designer's Night Out!!! A fun and informative networking event for real estate and design professionals. Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 6:30pm
Learn more about these events on our BPE Meetup page! Visit