Volume 4 | August 30th 2018
The BPE Weekly Update is a selection of news, featured videos, events and offers that we think may be of interest to the 6000 members of Baltimore Professionals and Entrepreneurs. Not yet a member? Become a member by clicking here. Want us to feature your event or special offer? Contact us.
- The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program is recruiting Business Owners who are ready to grow their revenue and staff! The application deadline is September 30th. Apply on the official website: https://www.10ksbapply.com/Baltimore
- Negotiations between U.S. and Canada are intensifying ahead of today's deadline to reach a deal on a revamped North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Both sides have expressed optimism about the talks so far. Here's a look at who stands to benefit — and who will lose out — from a new deal. [Reuters]
- Coca-Cola Co. is amping up its caffeine take with a $5.1 billion purchase of U.K. coffee chain Costa, its largest acquisition in eight years. The purchase marks the soft drink company's first foray into the highly-competitive coffee space. [Bloomberg]
- The rumors are flying about Apple's newest iPhones and Apple Watch models, details of which are expected to be released during a press event on Sept. 12. An Apple blog has purportedly published photos of the new products, which include three new phones with the edge-to-edge-screen design and face recognition technology. [Business Insider]
FEATURED VIDEO: Preparing for Capital
Special thanks to the Department of Commerce Minority Business Development Agency for inviting Will Holmes to speak!
- Greater Baltimore Black Chamber of Commerce Presents Smart Start Series Part 3! What Startup and Aspiring Business Owners Need to Know from a Legal Perspective. September 5, 2018 at 6:30pm
- Designer's Night Out!!! A fun and informative networking event for real estate and design professionals. Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 6:30pm
- Happy Hour on the Waterfront with Waterfront Tech Series. Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 5:30pm
- Personal Development Conference Call with the Dream Makers Network. Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 7:00am
- Waterfront Tech Series workshop: Higher Tech Higher Ed. Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 7:30am
- Mueveton 5K & Health and Fitness Expo. September 22, 2018 at 9 am-12 pm at Patterson Park
- WorkBaltimore: Empowerment to Employment Convention. September 26-27, 2018 at 8:00am at the Baltimore Convention Center
Learn more about these events on our BPE Meetup page! Visit
$15 off Color
Contact Ericka Cherrie at Create the Beautiful salons for discounts on highlight and permanent color.
$45 Shampoo & Style
Contact Ericka Cherrie at Create The Beautiful salons for discounts on shampoo and style.
Silk Press Tuesday
Contact Ericka Cherrie at Create the Beautiful salons for discounts on services.
Work with a Real Estate Pro
Are you ready to buy or sell your home or investment property? Contact Gersha Porter of Porter Premier Homes!