Please speak with a tax professional regarding your tax obligations and check out the list below:
SBA Shuttered Venues Program
- SBA has posted info on the program here: https://www.sba.gov/
funding-programs/loans/ coronavirus-relief-options/ shuttered-venue-operators- grant
- The grant solicitation should go live by mid February.
- Note that businesses cannot receive both a Shuttered Venue grant AND a second round PPP loan.
Grants for Small Businesses funded by Verizon
- On Monday, February 8th, LISC will launch the grant application that small businesses can use to apply for a $10,000 grant. Grants will be eligible for small businesses across the U.S., particularly in historically underserved communities hit hard by the pandemic. Eligible expenses for the grant include: paying rent and utilities, meeting payroll, paying outstanding debt to vendors, upgrading technology infrastructure, and other immediate operational costs. To subscribe to learn when the grant goes live, click here.
Citi Trends Grant
- Black entrepreneurs with a confirmed selling history of their products in at least one of the following categories: Apparel, Beauty, Skin Care, Hair Care, Footwear, Home Décor, Bedding, Bath, Technology or Accessories are eligible for this grant. Ten grants of $5000 each will be awarded. (double check and make sure your U.S. state is on their eligible list) Applications close on February 28, 2021. For more information, click here.
2021 New Voices + Barefoot #WeStanForHer Grants
- Grants of $10,000 each to five entrepreneurs will be made to Black women-owned businesses. The grants program also includes complimentary business coaching and mentoring from New Voices Foundation for each grantee company. Applications close on February 28, 2021. For more information, click here.
Merchant Maverick Opportunity Grant
- This grant is open to for-profit businesses that are majority-owned by a Black woman (cisgender or transgender) or a Black femme-identified individual. The program will award four grants of $10,000 each. Deadline to apply is May 1, 2021. Learn more here.
Bold.org – African-American Entrepreneurs Grant – Female Award
- This grant will be awarded to a female African-American entrepreneur at any education level who is currently building or who aspires to build a new business and is currently enrolled as a student. One reward of $1000 will be made (paid to the student’s college or university). Deadline is February 11, 2021. Learn more here.
Emma Johnson Single Mother Grant
- Every month, Johnson gives out $500 cash to one single mom, no strings attached. The 2021 Kickass Single Mom Stimulus Grant has one goal: Give a hand to single moms struggling with money, health, stress, child care, illness and loneliness. Qualifications are simple: 1. You’re a single mom. 2. You need the money right now. Click here to learn more.
Women Who Tech
- Open to North America-based, women-owned startups in tech that have already raised $50K in seed revenue or that are already generating revenue. The organization awards equity-free grants to women-led tech startups on a rolling basis throughout the year. For each grant period, there is a different theme. For the first grant period of 2021, the theme is Emerging Tech; applicants should be focused on emerging technologies to solve systemic global problems. The first place prize for the Women Who Tech Emerging Tech grant is $15,000, and the second-place awardee will receive $5,000. Deadline is February 19, 2021. More information can be found here.
Restaurant and Tavern Grant
Baltimore City will award up to $3,900,000 in total grant funds to Restaurants & Taverns under this program. Grant funds have been made available by the State of Maryland, and are restricted to COVID-related expenses incurred, or to be incurred, by qualifying grantees as detailed in the Terms & Conditions document. Please check this document to determine if your business is eligible for this grant.
The Grant Application Period will begin on February 3, 2021, and end on February 19, 2021at 11:59 PM. Grants WILL NOT BE AWARDED ON A FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVED BASIS. All applications received during the Grant Application Period will be considered. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline. The minimum grant amount is $10,000 and the maximum grant amount is $50,000. Please click here to apply.